Aside from an epic party boat cruise, one of the best acitivities Charleston has to offer is tons of shopping! Whether you are looking for local souvenirs and to do some clothing shopping, the City has everything you could need to do a little (or a lot) of damage to that wallet! Check out our recommendations!
1. King Street– This is the main shopping drag in Charleston, with a variety of boutiques, antique stores, and big name retailers. Upper King features more local boutiques and beachy shops. Our favorites are Sewing Down South and Ensemble Consignment. The farther you walk towards Lower King, the higher end the stores get. You’ll pass Gucci, Louis Vuittion and a handful of other high end designer stores on your way to the historic Battery area.
Don’t forget to look up at the buildings and architecture of each store, it is what we love about Charleston!
2. City Market– This open-air market is a great place to find souvenirs, art, and handmade gifts, featuring about 300 vendors daily! If you are looking to buy a classic Charleston treasure, check out the Sweetgrass baskets!
3. Charleston Farmers Market– The Charleston Farmers Market is a seasonal Saturday only market right in the heart of the City-Marion Square. It runs from April-December. From fresh produce to Christmas ornaments and jewelry, you can find some amazing treasures as you stroll through with a delicious drink in hand!
4. Mount Pleasant Towne Centre– This shopping mall has a wide selection of stores, including department stores, specialty shops, and restaurants
5. Cannonborough– Check out several charming boutique featuring locally made items, such as jewelry and clothing. It is where we find a lot of our bachelorette groups staying in their Air BnB’s, and the shops are perfect for bachelorette parties. These stores are definitely worth checking out to support local shopping!